Leeds Inspired is a Leeds City Council initiative. We collect data from our website to help us understand how many people access it, how it is used and whether there have been any technical problems. This doesn’t contain any personal information and we can not link this data to individual visitors. All the information we collect in this way is deleted periodically. The data we collect includes;
- The name of your internet service provider and the internet protocol (IP) address you are using. This may or may not identify a specific computer.
- The date and time you visit our website, and the pages you look at on Leeds Inspired.
- The internet address of any websites which have linked you directly to our site.
We collect personal information only when you specifically and knowingly give it to us, for example by creating a Leeds Inspired account or by sending an email. We record what time you give us this information and keep track of where it is sent to. We will use the personal information you give us for the reasons stated when you provide it. We will only use it for other reasons where we have to legally or where this is allowed by law. Generally we will not share your information with outside parties unless we have to legally or where the law allows this.
External service providers
Leeds City Council occasionally contracts external companies to help provide online services.
- We only give them the information which they need to carry out the service.
- They agree not to use any information we give them for any other reason than what we have agreed with them.
- We make sure they have proper systems in place to protect personal data and private information.
We monitor the data we collect to detect or investigate unauthorised uses of our website. This means that when you send us an email or submit information using an online form we stop it to check what it contains. Please be aware that whilst we do everything we can to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information in an email or an online form whilst this is being transmitted to us.
Virus and malware protection
We make every effort to check and test the material on our site for malicious software or 'malware'. However, Leeds City Council cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any loss, disruption or damage to your computer system or information contained on it, which may occur as a result of using material from our site. It is always advisable to run an anti-virus program on any material downloaded from the internet.
If an email infected with malicious software is sent to us, it will be deleted automatically before it reaches our email system. Please be aware that if you have unintentionally sent us an email infected with malicious software, it will not reach us. If you don't receive acknowledgement of your email within 5 working days, please contact us using the online enquiry form in the Contact section of the website.
The Leeds Inspired website links to and from other web sites. The council does not necessarily endorse or support the organisations that are linked to or from our website. We cannot guarantee that links will work all of the time, and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages on other websites.
Please be aware that other web sites may deal with privacy differently to Leeds City Council and we can take no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of any linked websites. If you decide to access websites linked to ours, you do so at your own risk.
If you want to link to pages on the Leeds Inspired website please send us a request using the form in the Contact section of this website.
Leeds Inspired is a Leeds City Council initiative. The council has to process personal data in order to deliver and improve services to the citizens of Leeds. The Data Protection Act 1998 says any personal data we collect and hold about you has to be
- processed fairly and lawfully
- Used only for the purposes we tell you about when you give it to us and not for any incompatible purpose
- Accurate, relevant and not excessive
- Kept secure and not kept any longer than necessary
- Not shared with anyone else unless you have given your consent or we are allowed to do so by law
The Data Protection Act also gives you the right to access any information that we hold about you. You can get this by using the form in the Contact section of the Leeds Inspired website.
Our data protection policy
Leeds City Council will:
- Use personal and private information in the most efficient and effective way possible to deliver services. This includes collecting only the information we need
- Take the least intrusive approach. Where services can be delivered or improved without affecting personal privacy they will be
- Securely destroy information which is no longer needed and we will not keep information for longer than is necessary.
- Only use personal information legally and for the purposes we tell you about when you give it to us or for other compatible purposes. We will respect your rights under data protection and human rights rules.
- Only share information with third parties when you have given us your permission or if we are allowed to do so by law or if we are required to so by law. Where we share your personal data without your permission we will still make sure your data is processed fairly and lawfully and we will always take your rights and interests into account.
- Check and correct inaccurate information as soon this is brought to our attention.
- Take appropriate measures against unauthorised or unlawful use, accidental loss, damage to data and information.
- Allow you to access your personal data when you ask for it and keep you informed about your rights under the Data Protection Act.
- Leeds City Council provides guidance for elected members and officers to make sure that we always work within data protection rules. Legal, Licensing and Registration Services monitors our compliance with data protection and human rights rules. Breaches of this policy are dealt with under our disciplinary rules and procedures or by the Standards Committee.
How to make an enquiry or a complaint
If you have any concerns or feel that we have not complied with the Data Protection Act please contact using the form in the Contact page of the Leeds Inspired website.
Leeds Inspired grants have supported hundreds of projects, read about some of them here...