Join us for an inspiring evening of trans history!
The Bookish Type and Leeds Queer Film Festival are thrilled to be hosting the launch event for the wonderful new book, Before We Were Trans by Kit Heyam. Writer and trans activist, Kit, will give a reading and discuss their book with Gem Soothill of Non-Binary Action. Kit will sign copies of their book - it will be available to purchase at the event.
After an interval there will be an exclusive Northern premier screening of the Sundance award winning documentary, Framing Agnes. We are delighted to be joined by the film's writer, Morgan M Page for a Q&A.
1-2 Regent Street
Show on map
This event has a 'Trans Folks to the Front' approach - half the tickets are ringfenced for those who identify as trans. Please select this ticket option if this applies to you.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible with a single step entrance with ramp.
- Off-street parking is available nearby (charges may apply).
- All toilets are for all genders. An accessible toilet will be available.
- There is a range of seating available in the room including hard backed chairs, sofas, chairs with arms.
- The event will be BSL interpreted and the film will be screened with English language subtitles.