Join Harriet from Wild & Free Yoga for a soothing…
Community Sewcial Group
Thursdays from 1pm
We've set up a new weekly social group at our lovely Meanwood Road Studio to welcome in sewers to use our sewing machines, fabric and accessories for free to make face masks to donate to our local communities.
Its become more apparent that face masks are going to be a necessity for the foreseeable future to help keep people safe from Covid 19, which creates an extra daily cost for people that are already struggling to make ends meet in a very uncertain time.
For the last 5 years we've worked closely with community centres and children's centres in leeds, running craft and wellbeing groups and courses teaching people valuable skills such as knitting, crochet and sewing. Due to the covid 19 pandemic our face to face delivery has been brought to a temporary standstill. So we would like to use the materials and resources we have to help by making face masks to donate through our existing community links to disadvantaged people and families in Leeds, and we would love you to join us to help us sew and have a nice time while you are here!
The group is going to run every Thursday afternoon 1-4pm and you are welcome to attend as little or as often as you like, you just need to book a place here so we can adhere with social distancing measures. Heres a little more info:
* We will provide the studio, sewing machines, fabric and haberdashery items for free but there will be no tuition, just a host, so you must already know how to sew face masks or be confident to follow a sewing pattern to attend. Please let us know if you wish to bring your own sewing machine.
* We will have social distancing measures in place to keep you all safe including sanitiser stations, appropriately spaced sewing stations, extra cleaning and hygiene measures. The studio is big, airy and well ventilated and there is plenty of room to social distance.
* We recommend bringing a face mask with you in case of any instance which you feel you cant social distance or wish to wear one, but it is not compulsory in our space. Visors are also available to use in the studio.
* Please do not attend the studio if you have experienced any symptoms of Covid 19 in the 14 days prior to attending or have been in contact with anyone else who has had symptoms.
* We can provide tea and coffee if you bring your own reusable cups.
* If you cant attend the studio but would like to get involved then you could make masks and send them in to us or donate fabric and materials to be used. Contact email@example.com.
Don't hesitate to get in contact if you have any questions!
Thank you and look forward to seeing you all soon :)
During this period of social distancing and lockdown due to Coronavirus we advise that you check directly with the organiser of this event that it is going ahead as publicised.
- Adults only
The Leeds Inspired website lists thousands of events happening in Leeds every year. You’ll find gigs, exhibitions, dance,…
Leeds Inspired manages two grant schemes to support arts events and arts projects taking place in Leeds. Since…
Leeds Inspired grants have supported hundreds of projects, read about some of them here...