Episode 1: Alcohol in a Lockdown!Quantum Sauce brings you fascinating…
Be Kind To Yourself Challenge
18 May 2020 - 24 May 2020
Help support The Market Place which is an emotional wellbeing and mental health charity for young people in Leeds City centre.
“Kindness is the mark we leave on the world” Raktivist
Join us in the Be Kind Challenge - raise funds and be entered into a prize draw.
Mental Health Awarenesd Week is 18th-24th May and the theme this year is 'Kindness'. You can 30 minutes out of your day to be kind to yourself whilst fundraising for The Market Place any time between 18th-24th May.
Some examples of tasks:
- Run 5K challenge
-Send a motivational message to friends or family
-Exercise- Yoga/ aerobics/ cycling/skipping
-Writing a list of ten positive things about yourself
-Be creative and think of something
This challenge is for everyone …
Please choose your challenge, share your challenge experience with us and kindly make a donation of your choice here ://www.gofundme.com/f/themarketplaceleeds
The Market Place is based in Leeds City centre, it provides both long term and short-term counselling support, youth work support, workshops, group work and a Drop-in service open 7 days a week. All services are free and available for young people in Leeds to support emotional well-being and positive mental health in a safe confidential, non-judgemental environment.
Due to the current situation with coronavirus and being on lockdown, The Market Place has developed a new telephone support service, running between 12-6pm 7 Days a week for ages 11-25.
Fundraising could help with lots of things like:
• Travel Expenses for young people
• Craft material for young people who find it difficult to talk but will engage in creative activities, resources, games etc.
• In the current Covid situation- extra training for staff around working online.
• Support with additional cost from telephone support.
• Resources to have around the service when things start to ease. E.g. hand sanitiser, masks, anti-bacterial cleaning wipes, anti-bacterial soap etc.
Everyone who makes a donation will go into a prize draw that these local businesses have kindly donated.
Please do make sure you leave your email in the comments of the donation so we can get in touch with the winners which will be drawn at the end of the week.
-Photoshoot for a family or couple with photographer Suzanne Wright insta @suzannewrightphotographer
- Free Brunch + coffee at House of KoKo www.houseofkoko.com
-Haircut with Craig Cristoidz at Mousie Browns Hair Salon, Horsforth.
-Neal + Wolf Hair Products from Lexa Hair www.lexahair.com
-Stationery from Studio Wald www.studiowald.com
-A5 Art Print by Sally Dawson /www.wainsgate.co.uk/wainsgate-artists/#sally-dawson
- Reiki Session with Lorna Kerr www.themoonstoneangel.com
- 5 Class Yoga Pass at ID Holistics www.idholistics.co.uk
- Free Yoga Class with North & Soul www.northandsoul.co.uk
- Free Yoga Class with Mahasana Yoga www.mahasana.co.uk/yoga
- Free Yoga Class with Yoga Soul www.yoga-soul.co.uk
- Bundle of Breathe + Teen Breathe Mindfulness Magazines www.breathemagazine.com
- Blurt Foundation- Self Help Cards www.blurtitout.org
Each day we will share the fundraising total, and you can share your KINDNESS activity photos or thoughts on social network.
Please help to get the word out, by sharing the link on your social media and nominating your friends and family to take part in the challenge.
During this period of social distancing and lockdown due to Coronavirus we advise that you check directly with the organiser of this event that it is going ahead as publicised.
- Free Event
- Family friendly
The Leeds Inspired website lists thousands of events happening in Leeds every year. You’ll find gigs, exhibitions, dance,…
Leeds Inspired manages two grant schemes to support arts events and arts projects taking place in Leeds. Since…
Leeds Inspired grants have supported hundreds of projects, read about some of them here...