A fun swim with a difference!Grab your cutlass and join…
World Cup Screenings
14 Jun 2018 - 15 Jul 2018
Enjoy what promises to be this summer’s sporting highlight!
Come together to watch all the biggest games from the 2018 World Cup on Leeds Big Screen at Millennium Square in an unbeatable outdoor family atmosphere!
Every second of the England's quest for World Cup Glory will be screened live on the screen. If England qualify from their group, they will then move into the nail biting, sudden death, knock-out stages, and fans will be able to watch all of the drama unfold live on Millennium Square, either on Monday 2 July (7pm KO) or Tuesday 3 July (7pm KO) if England reach round 16 and if they subsequently advance to further rounds.
Plus, event media partner Heart Yorkshire will be on hand to join in the fun on 7 July with family friendly games and competitions!
Supporters are advised that gates for each England match will open approximately 1 ½ hours before kick-off. Anyone wishing to attend, are asked to arrive early in order to secure their places as admission will be on a strictly first-come first-served basis until the capacity is reached. No tickets will be issued or required and the outdoor arena will also feature toilet facilities, a limited amount of covered and picnic style seating together with a selection of street food outlets. A strict no alcohol policy will be in place during all England match screenings.
Other World Cup matches will also be screened live on Millennium Square on a non-designated event basis, alongside selected matches from Wimbledon, once the tennis tournament commences.
To help ensure that everyone in attendance can have an enjoyable and safe family-friendly experience, fans are therefore asked to note the following:-
- A strict no alcohol policy will be in place during all England match screenings.
- All children aged 16 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult (18 year or over) throughout the screening.
- Anyone leaving Millennium Square once the game has started (including during the half time break) will not be readmitted.
- Security searches of all clothing, bags and persons attending will be conducted on entry.
- Anyone found not be adhering by any of the rules (detailed in full below) will be refused entry or asked to leave the screening immediately.
Admission rules in full
- Admission is on a strictly first-come first-served basis. No-one will be admitted once safe capacity is reached.
- This is an event open to all ages. Certain elements may not be suitable for very young children and parental discretion is advised. All children aged 16 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult (18 years or over) throughout the screening.
- Strictly no alcohol, glass, cans or plastic bottles are permitted.
- Searching is a condition of entry to protect your safety and that of other visitors. We may conduct security searches of clothing, bags and other items, at our reasonable discretion, including on entry and exit.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission or eject any persons for anti-social or threatening behaviour, actions likely to cause damage or injury, or those that are intoxicated through alcohol or illegal substances.
Please check times with event organiser for any last minute changes.
- Family friendly
- Wheelchair access
The Leeds Inspired website lists thousands of events happening in Leeds every year. You’ll find gigs, exhibitions, dance,…
Leeds Inspired manages two grant schemes to support arts events and projects in Leeds. Since April 2012 we…
Leeds Inspired grants have supported hundreds of projects, read about some of them here...