Creative and messy play for under fives - these…
‘The Joy of Grit’ Two day Introduction to Carborundrum Printmaking
11 Nov 2017 & 12 Nov 2017
Tutor: Laney Birkhead
Explore a wide range of unusual grits and glues to make textured tactile printing plates on the first day.
Create interesting marks and textures and build up layers on your plates. These will be varnished and left to dry overnight.
The second day you will print colourful proofs of your plates using intaglio inking methods. You will learn how to ink up and wipe each plate and how to use the printing press.
You should be able to create several prints to take away with you and learn the basics of this fascinating method.
Suitable for adult beginners and improvers.
Please bring the following to your print workshop:
- Old shirt/apron and indoor shoes suitable to print in therefore not slippers, sandals or open toed shoes
- Small box of favourite basic drawing materials e.g. pen, pencil, rubber, scissors etc
- Small sketchbook / notebook in which to make notes and observations
- Minimum of 6 images (sketches / photos) you wish to work from. These can be your own primary images or secondary research images, as you are coming to do an intaglio course try to choose images with lots of texture and contrast in rather than just line
- A small bag of flat found textures – e.g. papers, pressed leaves and petals feathers, fabrics embossed card etc,
- A camera with which to record your creative journey (optional)
- A3 folder or wallet to take your prints home in.
Please check times with event organiser for any last minute changes.
£95 + booking fee on eventbrite via the link above. You can also book over the phone or in person in the gallery.
- Adults only
- Wheelchair access
The Leeds Inspired website lists thousands of events happening in Leeds every year. You’ll find gigs, exhibitions, dance,…
Leeds Inspired manages two grant schemes to support arts events and projects in Leeds. Since April 2012 we…
Leeds Inspired grants have supported hundreds of projects, read about some of them here...